Published on 30/04/2021 23:13:53
The European School of Antennas (ESoA) will be proposing its annual course on antenna measurement techniques fully online this year. Originally planned to be held live on the beautiful campus of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, the ever-evolving pandemic has driven us to go 100% virtual and take advantage of everything we can develop and learn virtually. It will still be held as a 5-day course, taking place June 14 - 18.
The ESoA Antenna Measurement course will address the challenges of antenna measurement and introduce the classic antenna measurement techniques such as far-field, compact ranges, and near-field measurements. The course will also present the most innovative antenna measurement technologies, in particular the special techniques for 5G, automotive and MIMO systems. The course should interest PhD students and RF antenna engineers in general.
Day 1: Measurement theory and far-field measurement
Day 2: Near-field measurement
Day 3: Applications to antenna measurements
Day 4: Post-processing techniques in antenna measurements
Day 5: Laboratory and exam
• Manuel Sierra Castañer, PhD, Professor Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
• Olav Breinbjerg, DTU, Denmark
• Sergey Pivnenko, ASYSOL, Denmark
• Lars Jacob Foged, Microwave Vision Italy
• Lucia Scialacqua, Microwave Vision Italy
• Francesco Saccardi, Microwave Vision Italy
• Fernando Rodríguez Varela, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid