A novel CATR feed concept to significantly improve the cross-polar performance of any uncompensated CATR systems, such as side/corner-fed single reflector systems.
Provides wideband dual-polarized conjugate field matching, effectively cancelling the Geometrical Optics (GO) cross-polar component induced by the offset reflector of any single reflector CATR configuration.
- Dual linear polarization with high on-axis polarization purity and isolation
- No nulls in the forward radiation pattern
- Low back-scattering
- Wideband, low dispersion
- Wideband orthomode junction (OMJ) based on inverted quad-ridge circular waveguide with external feeding circuits
- Axially corrugated circular aperture
- Minimum waveguide cross-section for low backscattering
- Surtec 650 according to MIL-C 5541E class 3
- Stiff and robust mechanical design
- Precision machined
- Highly reliable RF components
- Typical performance data (TYMEDA™)
- Measured return loss data